Campaign
Vice president debate done today. It is quite amazing actually to be in these elections and see how this system works here in States. I see people who send money to campaign. New TV ads are created every day to oppose new topic raised by other side. Pretty amazing. Every ad ends with text "I am ... and I approve this message", because most of this advertising is paid for not by the party, but by volunteer groups that support specific candidate. But well, I don't see too much of it, because most of this action takes place in the swing states. And Georgia is safe Republican State, so nobody cares.
But America needs a president, who does not change mind, whatever happens. Here is a comment about today's detabe: Vice President Dick Cheney won tonight because he countered rhetoric with the facts – calling into question not just the deficiencies of Kerry's record, but calling into question Kerry and Edwards’ credibility as candidates and as U.S. Senators. Even though Edwards had many more facts and main argument of Cheney was about undecisiveness of Kerry - nothing new.
Am I getting too political? I guess so.
But America needs a president, who does not change mind, whatever happens. Here is a comment about today's detabe: Vice President Dick Cheney won tonight because he countered rhetoric with the facts – calling into question not just the deficiencies of Kerry's record, but calling into question Kerry and Edwards’ credibility as candidates and as U.S. Senators. Even though Edwards had many more facts and main argument of Cheney was about undecisiveness of Kerry - nothing new.
Am I getting too political? I guess so.

1 Comments:
I thought that it's only Lithuania who don't care much about presidential elections in the States or events in Iraq and similar because it is too far. But actually here in Holland people are also rather indifferent towards chainies, bushes or cerries...
But when you're in States, it's a great enterntainment. I wish I could watch those debates, but I didn't have a TV.
By
Tadas Zibuda, at 12:43 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home