Silence again for some time. Actually a lot has happened and I am too lazy to throw it out here.
Some time ago managed to win a SunTrust case competition in school with my team and now have a $100 on a card to spend in some of the best restaurants in Atlanta. Hope that this pays at least for a dinner for two. The competition was wild and we had two nights to work on a case, cause days were full of usual school life. The case was not usual valuation or M&A deal, but rather an evaluation of a real company's capital stracture and actually the company representative came to our presentations. Cool.
In order to not have too much free time, I am working on one strategy project for a pharmaceutical in Atlanta. This project will last till mid-April and if successful, will have a nice positive cash flow. Now this would be helpful towards my coming to Latvia and Estonia in spring.
Now talking about weather, we had snow in Atlanta last week. It was probably second day with snow this winter and of course snow disappeared during day. But now weekend was already with temperatures reaching twenties. Spring is good.
Today celebrated national day of Estonia with Estonian community in Atlanta. Amazing, how many people turned out. I met one woman who had graduated Goizueta in '94, met Kerstin, who came for a semester to Emory and actually does her PhD in Law in CEU in Budapest. Met Ott, who was in my parallel class during Miina Härma times.
Today was also Oscar ceremony and I remember that LotR got best movie Oscar. Don't remember much more. I have found that I dont' spend enough time on TV. I have not seen any of the 8 shows of The Apprentice, which is actually a cool reality show. Teams have to solve business problems, each week one person is voted off and and winner will become a manager in a company. Getting to this show is very hard, because people, including MBA students, try all ways to get a job in current tough job market.
That's it. This week is a midterm week with some exams and I need to pump up my knowledge of strategic frameworks. Hail Porter and his friends.
Some time ago managed to win a SunTrust case competition in school with my team and now have a $100 on a card to spend in some of the best restaurants in Atlanta. Hope that this pays at least for a dinner for two. The competition was wild and we had two nights to work on a case, cause days were full of usual school life. The case was not usual valuation or M&A deal, but rather an evaluation of a real company's capital stracture and actually the company representative came to our presentations. Cool.
In order to not have too much free time, I am working on one strategy project for a pharmaceutical in Atlanta. This project will last till mid-April and if successful, will have a nice positive cash flow. Now this would be helpful towards my coming to Latvia and Estonia in spring.
Now talking about weather, we had snow in Atlanta last week. It was probably second day with snow this winter and of course snow disappeared during day. But now weekend was already with temperatures reaching twenties. Spring is good.
Today celebrated national day of Estonia with Estonian community in Atlanta. Amazing, how many people turned out. I met one woman who had graduated Goizueta in '94, met Kerstin, who came for a semester to Emory and actually does her PhD in Law in CEU in Budapest. Met Ott, who was in my parallel class during Miina Härma times.
Today was also Oscar ceremony and I remember that LotR got best movie Oscar. Don't remember much more. I have found that I dont' spend enough time on TV. I have not seen any of the 8 shows of The Apprentice, which is actually a cool reality show. Teams have to solve business problems, each week one person is voted off and and winner will become a manager in a company. Getting to this show is very hard, because people, including MBA students, try all ways to get a job in current tough job market.
That's it. This week is a midterm week with some exams and I need to pump up my knowledge of strategic frameworks. Hail Porter and his friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home