25-pound mistake
Today I bought tickets on Easyjet to travel to Amsterdam and see Tadas in January. Bought tickets for two. Due to some reason, I used Google toolbar automatic form fill-in function to speed up process. But only later I found, that I had bought all tickets from myself, as if I need two seats or something. And later found out that changing name on tickets costs £25 on the web - nice. Just before making this payment I decided to make a call to Easyjet and luckily, they understood me and made this change for free. Huh. Last stupid mistake for me was $150 for missing flight and before that $80 for parking car in 'for customers only' space. This time had more luck.
And a note on US voting system.
Georgia Voters' Bill of rights: 2. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IDENTIFICATION with you on Election Day. If you do not have any form of identification, you must sign a form under oath swearing or affirming that you are the person identified on your voter certificate. Id. § 21-2-418.
So if I could get hand on voter certificate I could just put a hand on bible and use it. Now, at least in Estonia these pieces of paper are put in simple mailboxes, so it could be really easy to steal them. Wonder, if this method is used in some places like Florida.
By the way. Election Day is a working day, so I'd think some people with long commute will not even manage to make it to the election before work or after.
And a note on US voting system.
Georgia Voters' Bill of rights: 2. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IDENTIFICATION with you on Election Day. If you do not have any form of identification, you must sign a form under oath swearing or affirming that you are the person identified on your voter certificate. Id. § 21-2-418.
So if I could get hand on voter certificate I could just put a hand on bible and use it. Now, at least in Estonia these pieces of paper are put in simple mailboxes, so it could be really easy to steal them. Wonder, if this method is used in some places like Florida.
By the way. Election Day is a working day, so I'd think some people with long commute will not even manage to make it to the election before work or after.

1 Comments:
Was not a supplier, was just trying to avoid parking on campus for a short visit (parking there is reasonably expensive). Stupid me.
Midlands ... hmm ... why not.
By
Kaido, at 8:09 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home