I did it
I fell for a scam. There was an e-mail seemingly from PayPal, requiring to update my information. And as opposed to usual situations, when the mail is from some random e-mail address, this one was seemingly from paypal.com. I got it only after figuring, why they need to verify my social security number and then noticed a numeric domain name in address bar. By that time I had already given up my password, so now I quickly changed my password at PayPal.
Stupid me. Also, I found my phone that I lost 5 days ago. I left it in my classmate's car. This mess has to end.
Stupid me. Also, I found my phone that I lost 5 days ago. I left it in my classmate's car. This mess has to end.

1 Comments:
I almost fell for similar thing with Amazon. Quick scan in the email and the address that was presented did not make me suspicious enough. Fortunately there seems to be some built in anti-scam mechanism in Firefox so it told me that it's probably is scam because someone's trying to fake an address. So I didn't get that far as you did :)
By
Teller, at 8:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home