Search inside this book
Maybe I am stupid, but found this useful. Amazon is providing quite some books with a feature of "Search inside this book". I found one book that I was interested in (costs $80) and by default you can view only 6 sample pages in a book. But you can get around it. Search for "10" and you get a link to page 10 (since page numbers are printed on page). Click it and read it. Then hit Back, search for "11" and go for next page. As an alternative, one can also go 2 pages back or forth. It is not possible to search for single characters, so first ten pages could be a problem.
Text quality could be better for eyes, so for serious reading and especially for cheaper books buying makes a lot of sense. I wonder, if they will makes some restrictions soon, like limiting number of pages of a book that can be viewed from one computer in a day.
More: While checking a shorter book Amazon soon told me "That's it". Explanation mentioned that Amazon does not reveal how the limit is calculated, so there we are. But definitely this feature is fairly good if you need to see/read a chapter in a book.
Text quality could be better for eyes, so for serious reading and especially for cheaper books buying makes a lot of sense. I wonder, if they will makes some restrictions soon, like limiting number of pages of a book that can be viewed from one computer in a day.
More: While checking a shorter book Amazon soon told me "That's it". Explanation mentioned that Amazon does not reveal how the limit is calculated, so there we are. But definitely this feature is fairly good if you need to see/read a chapter in a book.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home